Alive Wesleyan Church

Central, SC

Project Size

29,969 SF New Construction

Project Scope

Sanctuary, Commons Area,
Children’s Ministry, Classrooms, and Offices

Project Scope

Daniel Cook, BGW Founder Emeritus

Builder

Clayton Construction

Project Completion Date

Phase 1: Completed April 2013

Phase 2: Under Construction

ALIVE Wesleyan Church can trace its roots back to 1893 with a small group of believers in a revival tent. The church had experienced significant growth in recent years and in 2004 the church purchased 39 acres of land and started casting a vision for the future to their congregation. In January of 2012, the church broke ground on the first phase of construction, which was completed in April of 2013. The construction included two sanctuary worship spaces, one with a more traditional flare and one with a very contemporary feel that features state-of-the-art worship technology with environmental video projection, enhanced audio, and stage lighting. The new children’s area also uses video projection technology to create new scenes and exciting, creative environments that can change from week to week.

The building features a stately brick and stucco exterior with ample windows creating a warm and inviting feeling within the foyer and commons area which feature vaulted ceilings, lots of natural light, lounge areas, and several amenities. Grounds are complete with fountains, baptismal font, and lots of gathering space. Beautiful landscaping compliments the natural surroundings of Central, South Carolina.

Phase 2 of the building project, the children’s wing expansion, is currently under construction.